Sunday, September 4, 2011

And we are off!! School started August 22, 2011

2 weeks of school down and we are off to a great start! I LOVE the curriculum choices this year and think I found the right fit for our needs in that respect! Very happy. This is the first year I am 100% happy with curriculum! (so far- This is only week 2!)  It has been a challenge getting used to all 4 kids in full time school now but we are getting there.  I decided to hold off starting B in the Classical history and science cycle until 2nd grade because otherwise I would have the other 3 kids in the Ancients/Biology cycle his 2nd grade year and he would be in Rome- Reformation/Earth Science. I just want to keep them together and since the other 3 kids grades fall naturally on the same cycle he can wait a year. I don't foresee that being a problem.  Its going to be a busy year with B in Cub Scouts, Awana and 4H, J in Awana, 4H and wrestling, T in Volleyball, Basketball, Awana, and 4H, and S in 4H, Awana, Youth Group and an Awana leader (she is a Cubby's teacher) Should be a very fun and productive year though! We are excited!


This year T and S (4th and 8th grades) are doing Physics and they both love it! They are having so much fun because both of their science books are loaded with experiments and they do their experiments together so its been fun.  Plus I bought 3 Physics science experiment kits. S love history! Can you believe it? This is the same child that fought me the first 2 years we homeschooled because she "hated history"  I guess correct curricula and the way you approach it makes a huge difference!!

The boys are focusing on the 3 R's this year and Bible. That also is going well. I expect a great year this year! Sorry about the quick post but I need to run. More later :)

No comments:

Post a Comment